2. Information collected by Upside
Upside may collect data and information about you such as name, surname, company, contact details, email, IP address, your request data, and any other data you provide us and /or that will be needed to install our business relationship.
Data may be collected from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect from you directly via email, phone, letter, fax and any other means;
- Information we collect about you when you call us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications or services, or view our online advertisements;
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as commercially available sources.
3. Use of data
All the information Upside collects about you may be combined to improve our communications with you and to develop world-class products and services. Upside will use the information collected to:
- provide the products and services you request (newsletter, guarantee on products, quotations, offers etc.);
- evaluate our potential or existing commercial relationship and your ability to perform the contract based on our legitimate interest to do so;
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, network services, information resources and employees.
Where required by applicable law, Upside will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The legal basis for Upside processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligation.
Data will be retained by Upside only for a period as it may be considered necessary according to applicable laws and reasonable business practices.
4. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
Upside does not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
- Upside may share personal information with service providers Upside has retained to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Upside may share personal information about you to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of if assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Upside about our customers is among the assets transferred.
- Upside may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
5. Your rights
You are entitled to see the information Upside holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you think that Upside shouldn’t be processing that information, or is processing it incorrectly. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate records can be maintained.
6. Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Media
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Cookies, domain names and web beacons
Upside uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, when e.g. technical breakdowns occur in Europe, it may be necessary for the full IP address to be transmitted to and shortened by a Google server in the United States. On behalf of Upside, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to Upside. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software or by using the browser plug-in available under the following link Download and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such signal is broadcast or received.
9. Upside Protection of Information
Upside takes adequate security measures to protect all Information collected from unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy and enabling the correct use of Information.
10. Commercial information and minors
Our websites are intended to provide commercial information and to collect data only from commercial operators and it is not intended to be used by minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the websites. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our websites or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
11. Accessing your data and Privacy Complaint
If you have any Complaint about this Policy, the practices of this Website, or if you want to exercise any of the rights that you are given under this Policy or under European General Data Protection Regulation, you may contact us by sending a letter or email to:
Upside Consulting GmbH
Attn. Data Protection Officer
Or contact your local Data Privacy Authority.